How to Modify Ingredients for Allergen-Free Foods
Cases of Food Allergies Continue to Grow
Over the last 20 years, the amount of people who suffer from food allergies has grown exponentially. In fact, studies have shown that food allergies are on the rise.
Food Allergy Research & Education provides some mind blowing stats:
• The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention reports that the prevalence of food allergy in children increased by 50 percent between 1997 and 2011.
• Between 1997 and 2008, the prevalence of peanut or tree nut allergy appears to have more than tripled in U.S. children.
• More than 170 foods have been reported to cause allergic reactions.
• Every three minutes, a food allergy reaction sends someone to the emergency room.
• About 40 percent of children with food allergies have experienced a severe allergic reaction such as anaphylaxis.
• While most food allergies arise in childhood, at least 15 percent of food allergies are first diagnosed in adulthood.
• There is no cure for food allergy. Food allergies are managed by avoiding the problem food(s) and learning to recognize and treat reactions symptoms.
NatureSeal for Fresh Cut Produce is an allergen-free product. Save your fresh cut produce from browning without the worry of allergens or sulfites. Also, a sodium-free product!
Do you have or know anyone that has food allergies? What struggles do you experience?
Add a comment below.