Post Harvest Treatment
Semperfresh delays ripening and extends shelf life of fresh produce. It is an edible, sucrose ester based coating that is tasteless, biodegradable and environmentally friendly. It can be applied pre- and post-harvest to protect produce against physiological and mechanical disorders.
Semperfresh delays ripening by creating a modified atmosphere within the fruit, slowing respiration. The ingredients are approved world wide by WHO, US FDA and EU. The active ingredients create edible film around the surface of the fruit. It's widely used in the fresh pear industry to reduce bruising, weight loss and preserver it's green color. Fruit pressure is maintained without delaying normal ripening process for consumers.
Benefits of Semperfresh
- Maintains color and fruit firmness
- Reduces weight loss and shrivel during storage
- Some physiological disorders such as chilling injury in tropical and sub tropical fruits are reduced
- Stem color is maintained and shine increase in cherries
- Scuff marks are reduced on pears
Have you heard about our other products?